Sunday, June 3, 2007

Buntzen Bonk

Ran the Five Peaks Race yesterday and didn't have a very good time of it. I was very limited on my energy level for the majority of the race. I finished in only two minutes off of my estimated time of 95 minutes (97 and change was my finish time). The Run didn't feel comfortable at all. I didn't anticipate the heat. Tracey and Erin did great. They both had really good times.

A great show by Kathryn and her husband, Mark. They do a great job of organizing these events.
http://www.fivepeaks.com

Check out thier web site and the above address if you are interested in these races.

12.5 km long.

http://www.5peaks.com/maps/Map_Buntzen%20Lake-June%202007%20Enduro.pdf

Check out this map to see where I ran.

I think my body is more made for the sport courses. I will change my selections in the next few weeks.

A very busy week winding down. Busy day with Riley's party yesterday and this morning. A party for 10, 11 year olds. As well as a sleep over for three of his budies. Made them chocolate chip waffles this morning. They liked those. They stayed until about noon and I started work on the back yard. Finished what I needed to get done.
Monday morinign starts a new.

4 comments:

Kurt Zaporozan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kurt Zaporozan said...

Thanks Myla. I couldn't focus at all on my running I was so tired. Left work early yesterday as I was feeling sick. Off today too. Slept for copious amounts of time.
Feeling better afterwards though.

Glad to hear from you. We should get together for a run soon.

K

Anonymous said...

Despite how you were feeling you still had a great time. I think so anyway. I'm just glad we all made it and were still standing, although I know you felt like falling down at the end. Thanks for talking me into the eduro, didn't feel that way when I caught you at the last f'n hill. Thanks for being so motivating.
Trace

Kurt Zaporozan said...

Hi Tracy.

Even though I no longer teach clinics, I still find myself trying to help out all my running friends. You did amazing on Saturday. I know I did fine but I don't think I prepared enough for the event. Food the previous few days was a big factor, as well as the amount of sleep I got.
Will be ready for the next race that's for sure.