Monday, January 31, 2011

Sun Run Blog-Week One

My name is Kurt and I am a runner. Injured but still a runner. Here I am blogging about the passion I found thirteen years ago and now my daughter Emily has joined my journey. I am excited she has decided to join Sportmed BC InTraining clinic with me but don't want to push her or get overly excited about her decision. I really want Em to enjoy running on her own. Time will tell.


We had a Vancouver Sun photographer come by on our first day to take Emily and mine's profile pictures. He was a pretty funny guy. Emily enjoyed the shoot. Some running shots and some face shots. He kept calling us Rock Stars.



Saturday the 15th is my first run since November 6th, 2010. A knee injury has kept me from enjoying the sport. Have been nervous for a few days prior to the clinic. My nervousness fell away when we discovered a great group in the River Springs Rec Centre Clinic. Erin Smandych our Clinic Coordinator knows how to make so many comfortable in an instant. I am doing the Learn to Run 10K clinic with Em. Have to start from the beginning to ease back into the stress on my body. There are some old friends and some familiar faces as well as people who are completely new to running. Going to be another great running adventure.

My first run as smoother than I thought. A little pain in my knee but better than I anticipated. Run two on Tuesday evening done on a Treadmill at my local Recreation Centre and run three is tonight so we'll see how we feel tomorrow.

No comments: