Sunday, July 29, 2007

Five Peaks-Seymour Mountain

Well the race is finally finished. Erin and I ran yesterday morning. Quite a run let me tell you. We always get to these races early and yesterday no exception. There were however an infestation of Mosquitos where they set up the start/finish line. We didn't even think to bring bug spray. However it didn't stop the 600 or so participants from turning out. Cloud levels were really low and we started out in a haze. The race course was apparently the most technical of all the courses. Lots of rocks, roots from trees, lots of mud and a lot of rock climbing. I finished in 1:17:25. Erin finished in 1:14:23. Not bad times I guess. I took a good commando tumble. Luckily on a dry portion of the course. Erin tweaked her ankle a bit, but not enough to stop her race. Otherwise a good morning to run. Not hot at all. We were home by 12:30.

Whistler race is up next.

No comments: